February 15, 2008

Internet Storm Center (ISC) Handler

Last month, January 2008, I became handler of the Internet Storm Center (ISC) - What is this? - It is an honor for me to be the first Spanish handler in History. Today (February 14, 2008) it has been my first shift as the Handler on Duty at the ISC and it has been a lot of fun, always considering that "with great power comes great responsibility" :)


Last week I published my first couple of posts, warning about multiple vulnerabilities in commonly used client software, and about the latest Adobe Reader vulnerability being exploited in the wild, a very serious issue; check that you are running Adobe Reader 8.1.2.

I published a couple of related posts today (plus a VoIP warning), as I strongly thing we need to improve and change the way we manage third-party application updates (on Windows mainly, but other OS too - Linux & Mac), both at the corporate and individual/user level. Only by eliminating vulnerabilities in a quick fashion through software updates, thus reducing the exposure of clients, we are going to be able to mitigate the impact of the security threats we deal with today, being botnets one of the most relevant ones.

For your reference and reading, these have been my first ISC diaries:
In order to get a feeling of what is happening on the Internet from a security perspective, the ISC diary should be one of your browser home pages (I had it as such before been a member).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I could feel a disturbance in the force today :-P.

Good luck and keep up the good work keeping us all online.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Vicente Navarro said...

Congratulations!

Now I know that the Internet is in very good hands! ;-)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home